+++ Studying during COVID-19 +++
Due to the ongoing pandemic we offer our lectures as follows:
- Fluid Mechanics II: online, on demand, complemented by live Zoom meetings
- Continuum Mechanics of Solids and Fluids (German), further information on the ITM pages
- Gas dynamics: online, on demand
- Experimental Fluid Mechanics: online, on demand (German in summer term)
- Wirbeldynamik: online, on demand (German)
- Numerical Fluid Mechanics: online, on demand (German)
- Aerodynamik I: online, on demand (German)
- Strömungsmesstechnik: practical course, online, on demand (German)
- Strömungssimulation: will not take place this semester
All important information can be found in the ILIAS course of the corresponding lecture series. The link to the courses can be found on the corresponding website of the lecture series.
You can currently only contact the secretary's office via email or phone.
Consultation hours will be taking place online in general. Please contact the teacher individually.
Lectures of the Institute of Fluid Mechanics
The Institute of Fluid Mechanics (ISTM) offers a fundamental introduction to the topic of fluid mechanics in the form of various lectures, practical courses and seminars for students of mechanical engineering and the International Department. Additional courses include advanced theoretical consideration of flow phenomena as well as the treatment of applied questions from engineering practice.
Major Field Fluid Mechanics
You can specialize in fluid dynamics in the Master's study within the major field SP 41:
We are always looking for motivated and interested students who would like to do their final thesis with us or are looking for a HiWi job. Please contact Erik Hansen for initiative applications for a HiWi job and general questions related to this.
A detailed overview of current theses can be found at